Tuesday, November 06, 2007

How to embarrass a pregnant woman

Being the wild and crazy party people that we are, on Saturday we went shopping for a humidifier and a space heater. The check out lines were long and when we reached the cashier she apologized for making us wait, explaining that she hadn't noticed I was pregnant. Prompting Lee to exclaim in a very loud voice "YOU'RE PREGNANT???? Who is the son of a bitch? I'll kill him."

Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize this picture. I still have "Joe Cool" on my desk.

Lee is such a copy cat. When Vanessa was born, Bill Keith and Jim Norris accompanied us to the hospital. The receptionist stupidly asked Bernadette what was the reason she was checking into the hospital. She logically answered "To have a baby." To wit, the receptionist looked up and asked "And who is the father?" The three men in attendence proceeded to look at one an another as if to ask who was the guilty party. This obviously failed to amuse either Bernadette or the receptionist who gave us all a big "hrumph" and sent us on our way. Bernadette gave me her comments later, and, in the vein of keeping this post beyond the reproach of censors, I will not repeat her comments.

Hillary Norris said...

I love that story ... my dad is such a goober :)