Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mouth of Pegs (Double Feature)

Talking with Pegs about Jaime (pronounced "hi-me"), the husband of a lady from our pre-natal class:

Me: What does he do for a living?
Pegs: Um, Allison told me once, but I can't remember. It's something cool, though. I think he, like, solves mysteries or something.
Me: He solves mysteries?
Pegs: I think that's it, yeah.
Me (skeptical): Mysteries?
Pegs: Uh-huh.
Me: Like in a mask and cape? So what, is the Jaime we know just his mild-mannered alter-ego?
Pegs: Hmmm.... Ok, so maybe that's not it.

While drying her legs off after getting out of the shower:

Pegs: You know, I should cultivate my leg hair and sell it to people in need.
Me (from the other room, not certain if I heard her correctly): Did ... did you just say that you should cultivate your leg hair and sell it to people in need?
Pegs: Oh what, you think I'm just going to give it away? I got a chance to make a buck or two here.

No comments: