Big jet plane
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but work has been crazy go nuts and I've been trying to wrap stuff up as quickly as possible to get home in time to see Pegs, The Hybrid and the Mama Pool. Actually, for the last couple of nights my main objective has just been to get home early enough so I can catch a few hours of sleep before they wake up, but that's neither here nor there. Credit crunch, my ass.
Anyway, there's been a lot going on at the office and at home, but the most important thing going on right now is that Pegs, The Hybrid and the Mama Pool are en route to Philly. Pegs and the 'Brid are going to hang out there for a couple of weeks before I arrive, and then the three of us will follow the M.P. to Vegas, where we will hang out with the Vanderfam, catch a show or two, and knock off a couple of casinos.
In Hybrid news, she's been changing so much lately that it's hard to keep track of her progress. For example, in the last week or so she's started standing up with minimal support, putting toys in her mouth, giggling and doing long-division. By next week we anticipate that she'll be ready to try calligraphy, fusion cuisine and deep-sea fishing, which according to this baby book I bought on The Internets are the next "milestones" babies hit.
One of the milestones that Sofia has already hit is the 15 pound mark. At her last weigh-in she tipped the scales at over 15 pounds and 25 inches, which helps to explain why Pegs needed to book their flight on a special "jumbo" craft designed to carry heavy payloads (pictured). Sofia's a cute little sucker, and I love her to death, but oh man my back has been killing me from picking her up. I'm going to miss her so much while she's in the US, but at least my aching muscles will have a chance to heal in the meantime. If she gets any bigger we're going to need a hand truck just to cart her around between rooms. Or maybe some kinda forklift. The kid's big.
Alright, playtime's over; back to work. I'll try to post more often now that I have no more reason to live ... I mean, to get back home before midnight. Before I go, though, here are a few pictures of Sofia for your viewing pleasure: behold the cuteness.




8 comments:
Cute pictures. Now don't get too depressed while they're gone...Clifford Chance needs you in your best mental state to work those long hours.
Also, was I not paying attention or are there suddenly floating heads of Lee, Pegs, and Sofia at the top of the page as of today? It's kinda scary since they don't have the bodies...like a ghost...without a body.
I think that's new, Damien. And yes, a wee bit creepy, in a funny sort of way. Much like the Garfield strips without Garfield.
And once again, Sofia is simply adorable. I especially like that first picture of her standing up against the crib. Too cute.
she's here!!!! she's so adorable. you can't have her back. if you want to see her you have to move to moorestown.
Nik, we've been through this. You know my conditions to move to Moorestown, and last time I checked your local Taco Bell still hadn't installed a $3.99 all-you-can eat buffet. Or a disco ball.
Holy moly! What are you two feeding wee little Sofia? She's gotten so big! You know...they say that steroids aren't good for infants....
The steroids that Sofia is getting are an unfortunate side effect of Pegs' off-season training. She's getting ready to try out for the Phillies this week while staying with Nik and Young.
I miss your website. :(
I second that. While I understand the absence of Mouth of Pegs there is still a lot to blame Eric for.
Post a Comment