
While cleaning the tub this morning, Pegs started whistling the theme song from "Rocky". This in itself was funny to me, but she was also whistling off-key and kept missing the same notes, so when she came out of the bathroom I began to whistle the same tune in the same way:
Pegs: Wait, that's so weird. Why are you singing that song?
Me: Oh, you know. I was thinking about Philadelphia, which led me to think about Rocky, which led me to think about the theme song....
Pegs: Yeah, right. You were just making fun of my whistling.
Me: It's not that it was bad, it's just that you kept whistling the wrong notes. And always in the same parts.
Pegs: Well, I got news for you, buddy. You're not that great of a singer. I mean, I know you think you are, but your voice changes a lot depending on the song. Kinda like Cher.

Later that morning, Sofia was making this sound she's been working on lately, which is basically just a long, drawn-out grunt:
Pegs: Whenever she makes that noise it makes me think that I should take her down to a radio station and rent her out to make that "static-y" noise.
Me: Um ... did ... uh ... you do realize that there's not a lot of money in dead air on the radio, right?
Pegs: Well, I didn't say that we would make a profit right away, did I?
1 comment:
I believe I said "Well, I didn't say that we would make a profit."
Post a Comment