Man Chat
I've worked with some clients for years, and since I work on the phone a lot, it's gotten to the point that I've memorized their phone numbers. When I got back from lunch today, I had a message that one of these clients had tried to reach me and wanted me to call him back. When I dialled his number, I was a bit surprised when a strange man with a very proper British accent answered, "Hello. You have reached a gay chat line. If you do not wish...."
The way I see it, one of three things is happening here:
1. There's a gay British chat line with a disturbingly similar number to my client's direct line;
2. I've been sleepwalking again, making phone calls to gay chat lines in my sleep and developing a subconscious muscle reflex to dial that number; or
3. This recession has driven my client to diversify into a whole new line of work.
I'd really like to believe it's option #1, but option #2 would go a long way to explain why we got a €3,500 phone bill last month.

No comments:
Post a Comment