Voices
I was listening to a podcast this morning and found myself getting annoyed with the sound of the guest's voice and his manner of speaking. Everything was said in a kind of mocking, "of course that's right, what a stupid comment" way. I started to wonder if the program's host had a hard time interviewing guests like that. Which then had me wondering if maybe it was just me, and the guest's voice wasn't annoying after all.
So, today's question is about voices. If you had to choose one person to read the entire phone book to you, who would you choose?
Mine is a woman I've been listening to on Librivox. Dariel turned me on to Librivox a while ago and, after sampling many different readers, I find that I keep going back to the same person. I'm gonna be so sad when I run out of books she's recorded.

5 comments:
I'd say it's a four-way tie between Gilbert Gottfried, Fran Drescher, Ben Stein and the woman who played Janice on Friends. Wait, what was the question again?
We need to hold our first annual smart-ass awards.
I wouldn't want anyone to read the entire phone book to me...he/she may ruin the ending
Lame. And that wasn't the question asked. Geez.
Garrison Keeler. I really like his radio show. My Dad used to make us all listen to it on long road-trips. His voice was so soothing at times and he did the voices and accents really well of all the characters in his made-up Minnesota town. It helped that he was pretty darned funny, too.
Post a Comment