Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ascension Day

For all of you sad sacks back in the US who have to work today and not take a four-day weekend, I have just two words for you: Ascension Day. That's right, today's the day when Jesus rose from the grave, or ascended into heaven, or something like that, so it's really important that most of Europe take the day off and celebrate by sleeping in. Of course, some of us have been celebrating all week already: Vanessa graduated from medical school on Saturday, I turned another year older on Monday and Ariel got another year prettier yesterday. Even if it weren't a national holiday, I probably would have had to take the day off just to recover from all of the crazy go nuts partying we've been doing. It's a good thing I get seven weeks of vacation a year.  Plus sick days. Man, I love France.

No comments: