A Real Pair of Dumbbells
This morning Sofia and I went on a little volta (trip) to my office gym to work out. The gym in my office building isn't much to write home about, but it has a nice little open space in front of a wall of mirrors where Sofia can play, and there are a bunch of balls, yoga mats and other things to keep her entertained. While looking for stuff to distract her, I found a bunch of 1 kilogram dumbbells, normally used for aerobics, so I gave her a couple and started my workout. I was in the middle of my third set of curls, straining hard and counting out my reps, when Sofia called out, "Daddy!" from the other end of the room. When I looked over at her, she was holding a dumbbell in each hand, valiantly trying to lift them while counting "One ... two ... free ... ena ... theo ... trea...." I laughed so hard that I almost dropped a dumbbell on my foot, but to tell the truth, I'm not sure what looked more ridiculous: her with her 1 kilo dumbbells or me with my 10 kilo ones.
P.S. After I posted this, I got a video of Sofia "exercising" with Yia Yia's little exercise device. This is actually a frighteningly accurate impersonation of Yia Yia's exercise routine. Notice how she counts her reps....

1 comment:
Isn't that thing from 1985?
Post a Comment