Thursday, February 03, 2011

2011, here we ... are?

Ok, ok, ok. We've been really delinquent in putting up new material on the blog. REALLY delinquent. Completely AWOL, actually. And not that we're in the habit of making excuses (that would imply that we don't consistently excel and exceed expectations), but we've had some pretty good reasons for not making regular contributions of late. [On a side note, I'd just like to point out that in the last sentence I used four words beginning with the letters "exc" without even trying, which I'm pretty sure is a personal best and perhaps even entitles me to some sort of gift certificate to my local Candles 'N Such or World 'O Wicks.] Anyway, suffice it to say that we know that we've let you all down by not posting as frequently as we should have, and we'll try to do a better job in the future to entertain and inform you.  Now quit your bitching, Eric.

So, what's new? Well, since it would probably take more time and effort to fill you in on everything that's happened since our last post back in September (holy crap, that was a long time ago), I'll just distract you by telling a couple of cute stories about Sofia.

Pegs has been trying to avoid getting sick for the last week, and since Sofia and I have been sharing the same charming head cold, I decided to sleep in Sofia's room last night. When Sofia woke up before dawn and realized I was there, she immediately began talking, tossing and turning incessantly. At first her constant attempts to hug me and talk to me were endearing, but at 6:00 in the morning cute only carries so much weight.  After repeatedly trying to calm her down, I couldn't take any more and eventually snapped, "Sofia, stop MOVING!" At first, welcome silence.... Then, the sounds of somewhat labored breathing. Curious, I turned to look at Sofia, who was frozen in mid-motion with her arms in the air, trembling from the effort to keep still. Sometimes the girl can be so literal.

The other week, Sofia and I were talking about the people she loved, and as she listed their names she counted them on her fingers.  "Daddy, my love Alex, Eva and Sofia," she said as she raised three fingers. "What about Mama and Daddy?" I asked. Two more fingers went up. "And what about Thea Niki and Theo Young?" Two fingers on the second hand went up. "And what about Papou and Yia Yia?" Two more fingers went up. "And what about Mamie and Pop?" Sofia looked at her extended hands with nine fingers raised, and with a confused and woeful look on her face said to me, "Daddy, my don't have enough fingers."
 
And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are some shots from our Christmas card photo session. Enjoy, and talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo! Hoo! You're back! Love the photos, esp. the last one, of Miss Sofia! We hope to see more posts (no pressure). XO - JMNMJ

Derek said...

Hooray for the return of the Alexanderpools! Those stories about Sofia are awesome, as are the photos of her. I'm with Mike and Jill on especially liking the last one.

Looking forward to future posts!