A World Without Complaints
I got an e-mail from Brooke last night in which she said that her husband Dave would be at a conference for ten days, so she might give me a phone call during his trip to help her pass away the time. For some reason my response to her turned into a bit of a rant about completely unrelated things, at the end of which I apologized for going on and on and promised that if she called, I would refrain from venting or bitching on the phone. This was Brooke's response:
Hahaha, yeah, I promise not to vent or bitch either. My impression of a conversation between Lee and Brooke with
no venting or bitching:
Brooke: Hey, Lee, how's it going?
Lee: Great! Good. Yeah, things are really good.
How about you?
Brooke: Me? Awesome. Totally. Kids are
great, Dave's great. Bought eggs today.
Lee: Eggs? Wow, that's really something. That's
great.
Brooke: Yeah. I went to the Council Tax office today but....
Lee: What?
Brooke: Nothing, it was great. Council tax offices are
always great. How's Sofia?
Lee: Sofia's doing awesome. No...uh.....problems at
all...just great!
Brooke: Great.
Lee: Spiffy.....
I think this is one of those alternate realities that should
be avoided at all costs, don't you?
Cheers,
Brooke
The line about eggs
broke the seal, but when she mentioned the Council Tax Office, that's when I completely
lost bladder control. Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while, Brooke.
2 comments:
I sound like I'm calling boys when Dave's out of town.
Men, Brooke. Calling MEN.
Actually, I was a bit hesitant on how to phrase that to maintain integrity for both of us. I didn't want to make it sound like you were waiting for Dave to leave the house to start calling guys, and I didn't want people thinking that I run some sort of low-budget, ultra-boring 1-900 service from my house. 1-900-RU-BORED?
Post a Comment