Chateau of the Week
Wow. This week's entry is AWESOME. Situated in the Lot et Garonne area, between Toulouse and Bordeaux, this baby is only 20 minutes from the town of Agen and 5 minutes from a major highway. It looks like it's in remarkable shape, especially for a castle dating back to the 17th century, and has around 2000 m² of living space spread out over 28 main rooms, including 2 dining rooms with chimneys, library, office, smoking room, living rooms, 5 suites with 2 bedrooms and bathroom, 8 large separate bedrooms, 5 additional bathrooms, dressing rooms, 200 m² furnished guest house, 200 m² of raw space, billiard room, game and music room, large wine cellar, 8-car garage, attic, about 250 m² of old unrenovated outbuildings, 12 X 6 m heated pool with pool-house, 25 hectares of grounds, and the list goes on and on. I tried to think of something funny to say about this place, but just knowing that it exists and that I don't own it made me want to cry. I tried to convince Dad to give me an advance on my inheritance, but he just laughed for about fifteen minutes and then said something about retirement and needing to eat yadda yadda yadda. I'm not greedy or anything, so if somebody wants to go halfsies with me on this bad boy, I'm game. Actually, I would probably need to go twentysies or thirtysies with you, but there's plenty of castle here to go around. You won't even know I'm there.... Anybody got a few extra hundred thousand euro lying around for the down payment?
Be sure to place your bid so that you're eligible to win fabulous prizes in this week's contest!
Be sure to place your bid so that you're eligible to win fabulous prizes in this week's contest!

10 comments:
I'll start the bidding at 2 million Euros, Lee.
i will come in at a sprightly 1.5 million €
am going to try a very bold €850,000...
Mohammed (a visiting contestant from our Dubai office) proposes a reasonable 1.7 million €
Elizabeth (my office mate) puts forward a high but worthy 2.3 million €
Rita suggests 2 million and Florian (my office mate) puts forward 1.75.
I'll lowballing it this time b/c I always lose. I'll go with 1 million.
oh, and I better get something better than a hug this time, Stingy Man.
I’ll chime in at 2.25 million Euros.
I will play with a bid of 2.4 million Euros.
I think Claire and Raph should win just for their excellent use of adjectives with their bids. "Sprightly." That made my day.
Post a Comment