Tuesday, October 03, 2006

God finally approves hot sex

In a somewhat disturbing counterpoint to Lee's earlier post about the American Taliban at work, it turns out that at least one Baptist minister is preaching the gospel of good nookie. Minister Joe Beam is spreading the word to his rather naive flock about the virtues of the bump 'n grind ... within the confines of a wholesome Christian marriage, of course. "[S]ex is the most wonderful gift God ever gave Christians", according to Beam. I guess by that logic that God didn't give the "gift" of sex to the billions of Hindus, Buddhists and Jews (not to mention all of the other godless heathens out there). Beam even says that if the Bible does not forbid it, you can do it. It sounds to me like this guy is just looking for an excuse to get freaky.
Although I think it's good that at least some Bible-beaters are trying to face reality and acknowledge that sex is a healthy, normal act, I'm not sure that I'm ready to handle what would happen if the entire Christian Coalition decided to get its awkward freak on all at once. These people are so repressed that they might spontaneously combust if they tried to release all their pent-up sexual frustrations in one go. Could you imagine the carnage that would result?
On second thought, somebody give Senator Santorum and his wife a bottle of K-Y and some Barry White CDs. Quick.
Side Note: Lee wanted me to add a link to this article from The Onion, which is eerily similar to the actual article on MSN: Local Lutheran Minister Loves To Fuck His Wife.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

unless Santorum's wife is a man, there is no way he'll be satisfied. I hear McGreevy is attempting to set up a coalition as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Derek is glad to move to France next year, but if he does not have a "church sanctioned marriage", where does that leave him?

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure what that means, but I can tell you that my marriage will be sanctioned in the church of Vanderdavis, bee-yatch!

Anonymous said...

who is M?

Anonymous said...

M is James Bond's boss dummy.

Anonymous said...

oh. of course. i knew that.

Vanderdavis? We need something better than that. Dariel Vanderdavis? What about Dariel Danderpool?

Anonymous said...

I love you all! You make my day so much more entertaining! Write on! Write on! (And...any disparaging comments against Santorum are fabulous. Keep them coming!)

Anonymous said...

Dariel Vanderpis.

Anonymous said...

No Vanderpis. Sorry. I veto, Ms. Vanderopoulos.

Anonymous said...

sorry, lee already seconded it before you vetoed it.