Insomnia
I can't sleep. I've tried everything. It's my own fault I guess. I had a migraine that started on Wednesday morning. And tonight in a final attempt to make it go away, I took some more medicine around 9:00. Big mistake. The headache finally started fading, which of course brought on extreme fatigue. So I went to bed early. But as soon as I turned off the light and started dozing off, Lee came in and I woke up. It's not his fault. The poor thing was finally able to come home around midnight and because he's been so busy lately and we don't get to see each other, I decided to get out of bed to keep him company while he ate dinner. Which he had to buy because I'm a bad wife.
The problem is that the migraine medicine has caffeine. If I miss the window, then I can't fall asleep. So, I'm wide awake. It doesn't help that the bitch upstairs is walking around, trying to be quiet while she feeds the pidgeons, but her lard ass is making the floor creak. And it's not like I didn't try. I sat in bed for a while trying everything. I laid (lay? lied?) perfectly still and relaxed every bit of my body starting with my toes and ending with my head. But that didn't work. Then I cleared my brain and focused solely on my breathing. That didn't work either. Finally, I tried my foolproof, should be patented, sheep counting method. But, nada.
I guess I can watch TV. But I've read somewhere that if you can't fall asleep you should read a book rather than watch TV or use the computer because the TV and computer will keep you awake while a book will lull you to sleep. The problem is that we had to throw away our guest bed and the other options, the air mattress and the couch, are not tempting. The air mattress is not made and the light bulbs in the lamps by the couch both burned out. Because they are US bulbs, we can't replace them right away.I think I'll watch a movie. We have some leftover pizza in the fridge.

11 comments:
OK,
#1) what are the kind of light bulbs, I will send them to you.
#2) in a socialist country, what does it take to get some freaken Ambian? I can't say that I am going to send you a controlled substance like Ambian, but go through the box of lightbulbs very carefully.
his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson,
Oh, dear Lord. I just wet myself. In a good way.
Isn't Ambien that stuff that makes you sleep eat?
What exactly is "sleep eat"? You mean where you sleepwalk to the fridge and start eating the bucket of KFC you were saving for the next day? If so, I gotta get me some of that.
did anybody guess what the last pic is from? i was very proud of that and thought for sure somebody would comment on it.
Derek asked me about it. He couldn't remember the name of the show but had a frighteningly clear memory of a scene in which a guy rips of his face and reveals that he's a giant lizard. That explains the bedwetting until adulthood. I hope.
Yes, it's true. Both the bedwetting and the KFC eating while you're asleep. They have footage ("foodage," Ariel says - oh the hilarity!) of people who've made these claims (the sleep eating, not me bedwetting): they sleepwalk to their pantries and refrigerators, pull things out, and start chomping at them like there's no tomorrow. We're talking Snickers wrappers and chicken legs flying everywhere. It's crazy.
Well, that would explain why there was a glazed ham on the side of Eric's face when he arrived in London after taking Ambien for the flight.
Okay folks. I don't remember much, but with a little searching, I can indeed confirm that the show was "V".
Incidentally, if you appreciated the sexy stylings of Jane Badler, please click here. http://www.mindpulse.com/users/lizlady/images/JaneCDTemptation1.jpg
For all those who love to see former Miss New Hampshires swallowing rats whole (much like the famous Jane Badler did in the "V"), I like to let you know that the lizard bitch is back! Coming to a hi definition TV screen near you sometime next year is "V: The Second Generation." And yes, Badler and the Beastmaster are both in it.
Post a Comment