Separated at birth?
Unless I'm visiting China, I'm usually the first person with the name "Lee" that the locals have ever met. As a result, people in foreign countries often try to give me another name with which they're more familiar and more comfortable. Here in France it's particularly bad, because "Lee" is a homonym with the French word for "bed", so whenever I introduce myself I tend to come across as either really horny or really tired. Come to think of it, that probably has very little to do with my name, but I digress.
In Greece, a lot of Pegs' family tend to call me Leonidas, since that's the closest thing to "Lee" that the Greeks have. I was flipping through a United Colors of Benetton magazine the other day (long story, don't ask) when I found an article about a Brazilian rock miner also named Leonidas (see the picture above). I'm not saying that we were separated at birth, but we do share a name, a remarkable physical resemblance, and an addiction to rock.
Thanks to Miss C.C.P. for the magazine!

2 comments:
I don't give a rat's ass about the length of the story. I ask.
He needed bathroom material and it was the only thing handy.
Post a Comment