These are disturbing times
It's hard for me to feel sorry for Mark Foley, but after reading this article I do a little bit. There is a lot I can say about the Catholic church, but I don't want to offend our gentle readers. Instead, here is a link to a Slate article about a new documentary that sounds excellent.
I wish I could get my hands on the name and address of every person who buys this book. So that I can shake them while yelling "What were you thinking?"
This is almost too disturbing to even post. I have a hard time arguing against capital punishment when I hear about stuff like this.
5 comments:
Pegs, you and I haven't met, but as Vanessa sent me the link to your page a while ago, I have to admit I read it daily. I can't tell you how many times I read your posts and think: "right on, sista!" This one especially -- I was reading in the paper today that Father Anthony Mercieca (the priest accused of molesting Mark Foley) stated: "He seemed to like it, you know? So it was sort of more like a spontaneous thing." Blech. It makes me really wish John Stewart had his Norplant gun afterall. At least he is a priest and isn't likely to reproduce.
how sick can anyone be and how far can he rationalize? there is limit to denial.
hopefully there is also a higher justice beside the hell he will catch in jail, if he ever get there.
On a lighter note, did anyone else think it was really funny that MSNBC was citing the National Enquirer as a legitimate source on the O.J. book?
Rachel, I think we did meet actually. Did you come to NYC with Vanessa in 2002? I remember that Vanessa came, Lee and I were just friends then, and he asked me to come out and meet her. Vanessa had some friends with her and I'm almost positive one of them was you.
Great memory -- that's right. I had forgotten. That was some swanky bar that had $12 drinks and at the time that seemed really expensive. The Gas Lamp? That was a fun trip with V. I miss her so much now that she's far far away in N.O.
I have to say that when I'm wide awake at 3am in Australia or NZ, your blog gives me plenty of laughs. Write on! (Bad pun.)
Post a Comment