Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Daveyyyyy, Daveyyy Crockett, king of the wild frontier

Does anybody remember the song Lee made up about me to the tune of Davey Crockett? If you don't, maybe you can convince Lee to sing it for you sometime. He used to sing it to me every morning. And then, I would have that stupid song stuck in my head all day. Do you know how annoying it is to sing about yourself in your head all day long?

Anyway, Lee worked through the night again last night, and this time he didn't even come home in the morning and he probably won't be home until late tonight or tomorrow. So, last night I was lying in bed pining for my man and unable to sleep and I started to sing a song about Lee to the tune of Davey Crockett. Because this blog offers a layer of protection between me and what you guys think of me, I am posting the song here for your musical enjoyment.

Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter
Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter

Well, his name is Robert Lee and he has to stand to pee
He said goodbye to NY when he moved to Gay Paree
He works at Clifford Chance where he makes the big money
His wife sits home alone and wonders where he be

Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter
Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter

Well, he loves his Taco Bell even though it gives him gas
He likes to drink his bourbon and to help Eric kick cabs
He has three younger siblings that are constantly in class
And their mom and dad replaced them really fast

Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter
Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter

Well, he went to Emory where Mike was his roomy
He stayed there for three years and he got his first degree
He moved to NYC where he fell in love with me
And now he works too much and life's really shitty

Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter
Lee-Lee Alexanderpool, king of the all-nighter

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As busy as he is, it sounds like you might need a great hobby, a volunteer position, or .... ? What would interest you? (do you have artistic interests that you've never had time to explore? or music?) Maybe you're a writer -your blog is definitely interesting, and at times hilarious!

Panagiota said...

Oh, I'm very busy. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I'm a Bingo caller for the Chinese Womens Association. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm in a N'Sync Tribute Band. On Fridays I knit mittens for small people. On Saturday, I just like to relax and take a hot bath. And on Sundays, I join our local Jews for Jesus congregation in the suburbs where we try to recruit young Muslim men. The hardest part is finding time to do this blog. And I'm actually glad Lee works all the time.

Anonymous said...

Nice. That song is quite clever and fun. How late did you stay up thinking/writing those lyrics? By the way, are you going to try to get your N'Sync Tribute Band to broaden its horizons and sing this new song? I think it'll open up a world of new opportunities for your group

Anonymous said...

Ever since I read this blog entry this morning, I've had your song stuck in my head. I gave a lecture on the Spanish Civil War today and had to talk about air raids on civilian populations and other horrible things, and all I could think about was "Well his name is Robert Lee and he has to stand to pee..."

Anonymous said...

That photo of Lee is pretty awesome, too.

Panagiota said...

Damien, thanks little dude. It didn't take too long, about 10 minutes total. I was drifting off by the last verse. I would never betray N'Sync.

Derek, welcome to my world. Or, my old world I should say. I can't tell you how many times I would catch myself singing "Peggy Pegalopoulos...."

Anonymous said...

Okay, well, since you're pretty booked up, I guess I won't worry about you...it just seemeed like you sounded a bit lonely...

Panagiota said...

Ah ha dear anonymous2 friend, now that's a whole other story. Whether I miss my husband, my best friend, my lover, the love of my life and am therefore lonely, has nothing to do with how busy I may or may not be.

Anonymous said...

Wow, How tall IS Lee??

Panagiota said...

4'2". I streched out the picture so that he looks taller. He is very self-conscious of his shortcomings.