Friday, December 01, 2006

What I learned today

Being unable to sleep because of a migraine in Moorestown, NJ feels exactly like being unable to sleep because of a migraine in Paris. Correction: almost exactly. There are two exceptions that I can think of right now. The first is that in Paris I would be watching a movie on DVD. In Moorestown, I have been channel surfing for the past 4 hours. Paris: 1. Moorestown: 0. Okay, I only have one exception because I actually forgot the second thing as I was typing this. But I'm sure it was really funny and insightful.

I forgot how much crap there is on American television. One hundred channels of pure crap. Why do they blur out nipples on medical programs? Is the FCC really scared that someone out there will find a bloody, cut up breast titillating? And what is up with all of the celebrity obsessed shows? There's E!, Access Hollywood, The Insider, Entertainment Tonight and a bunch of other ones that are so memorable I've already forgotten what they are. Are Americans that concerned that Britney doesn't wear panties? Aren't they freaked out by the weather we've been having? It's been 70° in the Philly area while Dallas has been blanketed with snow. Does that scare nobody other than me? And not a single mention of global warming as far as I can see. I realize that this is the media's fault and not the fault of the American people, but still. Fox News actually had a breaking news banner for at least an hour that Anna Nicole Smith was being kicked out of the Bahamas. Anna Nicole Smith. Why is she even allowed to procreate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pegs! You should check out the Celebrity Paranomal show. It takes has-been celebrities and puts them in haunted houses with those awesome helmut-cams that make their faces look all freaky. I think Mr. T was on there a few weeks ago -- with the former lead singer of Poison. Rad. Totally rad. (Warning: Sarcasm in use -- sender not legally responsible for the inducement of migranes following review of said television show.)

Panagiota said...

ooohhhh, sounds interesting. just what i love when i can't sleep from a migraine - something to watch where my sarcasm can reign free. i wonder if they have it on DVD??

Panagiota said...

Rachel, I didn't know you had a blog! That's awesome. I'm going to go and read it all from the beginning! Sweet.

On second thought, maybe I'll wait to do it when I get back to France so as not to waste precious time playing with The Monkey.

Anonymous said...

I guess I better update it, then. I think all that trytophan (shout out to med-school Vanessa) made me tired and lazy after Thanksgiving turkey. Mmmmmmm....turkey....