Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy MLK Day!

Those of you in the US are probably celebrating MLK Day (pronounced "mlk-day") right now in accordance with your respective beliefs and/or traditions. My personal tradition on this glorious day usually involves giving a big shout out to friends and family I haven't spoken to in a while, which is kinda sorta in the spirit of the holiday. That and pigging out on Ding Dongs and Oreos with milk while watching the James Bond marathon on TBS. Anyway, today is one of the 76 official working days in France, so I'm stuck in the office working on a couple of new transactions and probably won't have the time to call anyone. However, I encourage you all to reach out and touch someone today with your free time and celebrate this national holiday in a positive way. Here are just a few fun facts to help you appreciate MLK Day:

a) Martin Luther King Day is observed on the third Monday of January each year to celebrate King's birthday (which coincidentally is today, January 15).

b) In Arizona and New Hampshire, Martin Luther King Day is known as Civil Rights Day, and Arizona's reluctance to accept the holiday inspired Public Enemy to publicly slap every member of the state legislature like a little bitch until they relented.

c) I can bench press 10 times my own body weight, and my tears are being used by top scientists working towards a cure for both Ebola and chronic halitosis.

4 comments:

Panagiota said...

You lie. Like a you know what in the you know where.

Lee said...

No, it's true. They slapped those legislators silly until they cried like Nancy Kerrigan.

Anonymous said...

Until your tears cure AIDS, I'm not impressed.

Lee said...

They're looking into my sweat for that.