Sunday, January 14, 2007

Who dat?

Am I still asleep? I mean, am I just dreaming that the Saints won their first playoff game ever and are only one win away from their first Super Bowl? Holy crap. Maybe I am still dreaming. In my dreams, though, I'm usually way more ripped and have tons more sex appeal. And I smell better. Still, better to be safe than sorry.

Hey, Pegs! Come pinch me so I can be sure that I'm awake. What do you mean, why? So I can be sure that the Saints won, that's why! Why do you always have to be so diffi...OW! Why'd you pinch me so hard? And why THERE? Yes, I'm sure I'm awake now, thank you very much. Oh man, that smarts. And yep, that's gonna leave a mark.

Update: As Damien correctly pointed out, this is actually the second time that the Saints have won a playoff game. The first and only other time came in 2000, when the Saints edged out the Rams 31-28. That's Damien for ya; he can't always remember to put his pants on in the morning, but he can tell you the scores and highlights for every game the Saints have played in the last decade. He's helpful to have around in that way, as long as you remember never to look below his equator before noon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tis a wonderful feeling. But to be official, the Saints just won their SECOND playoff game (the first one came in 2000 when they beat the Rams 31-28). This is their first DIVISIONAL playoff game that they won. GO SAINTS

Lee said...

Ah, yes, I forgot about that game. It was a squeaker too, as I recall. Still, a win's a win, so I have to give you your props there.