
I chipped a tooth this weekend. I was catching bullets with my teeth when the terrorist firing at me passed out in fear, causing me to guffaw and misjudge the trajectory of the last round, nicking the outer edge of my right front tooth. Well, that's not exactly true, but if I were to tell you that I chipped it while eating a bite of salad you wouldn't be nearly so impressed, would you? It's not a big deal; it's probably an eighth of a millimeter and isn't even noticeable unless you get really close, but still I feel ... flawed. I've always had healthy teeth and gums, and chipping a tooth by doing something as stupid as clamping down too hard on a fork makes me want to kick myself. It's kinda like having a really cool scar that all the chicks oooh and aaah over, right up until the moment you mention that you got it playing hopscotch when you were fourteen.
1 comment:
It's okay - I have a chipped tooth, too. It happened in high school, when I was in Pirates of Penzance. I was one of the titular pirates, and in one scene I was supposed to take a swig from a big ol' jug of grog. As I was lifting the jug toward my mouth, someone slapped my back, pushing me forward and into said jug, chipping one of my two front teeth. It builds character.
Post a Comment