Googley-eyed
A friend just passed by my office to show me a treatise citing an article she had written back when she was in law review. My law review article has also been referenced a time or two, but mostly as a warning to others not to write the whole thing the day before it's due. Anyway, my friend had run across her article on the internet when she had gotten bored and Googled herself. Being a little bored myself, I decided that I would do the same and see what I was up to. As it turns out, there are a lot of Lee Vanderpools out there, not including the ones in my immediate family, and they all seem to be a lot more interesting/successful/newsworthy than I am. Do a search on your own and read all about Lee Vanderpool the Vice President at Dominican Hospital, Santa Cruz; Robert Lee Vanderpool the modern artist from UT Austin (the picture above-right is of his painting entitled "Western Tendencies"); Eddie Lee Vanderpool the missing Vietnam vet; Lee Vanderpool the executive producer; Lee Vanderpool the founding partner and CEO of IMS, Inc.; or even Lee Vanderpool the Southeast Regional Editor of the North American Bonsai Federation. Each of them has at least one Google entry before you get to anything about me (on the third page).
I'm not saying that I'm desperate to do so, but I wonder what I would have to do to crack into the elite ranks of the top ten Lee Vanderpools. Rob a bank? Run over a family of midgets? Rob a bank armed with a family of midgets?

1 comment:
yes, i have been bored and looked over google with everyone's names. Lee Vanderpool, the artist, makes some very "interesting" work to say the least. The bonsai lee vanderpool seems pretty lame though. i bet you could take him, lee. of course DEREK's name is actually him...stupid successful brother.
Post a Comment