Friday, April 20, 2007

High Horse

Serbian animal rights activists are up in arms about plans to sedate as many as 300 horses stabled at Belgrade's racecourse during a Rolling Stones concert. The concert, which is scheduled to take place at the town's Hippodrome, is expected to draw more than 100,000 people. The concert promoters have suggested giving the horses, which will be only a few meters from the stage, the tranquilizer diazepam if they become anxious during the show. Opponents to the plan have called for the concert to be moved elsewhere. Elvir Burazerovic, head of Serbia's biggest animal protection society, was quoted as saying "I believe we'll succeed [in moving the venue] since such a reputable band will not allow such a stain on its record."

Dude, you're talking about the Rolling Stones. You know, the group that thought that hiring the Hell's Angels to provide security at Altamont was a good idea? Each member of the band has taken enough tranquilizers to kill an entire stable of horses, and that was just on Wednesday. Unless the stagehands are planning to give the horses pills from Keith's personal stash, I don't think that the band is going to get too upset at the idea of slipping one or two mickeys to keep the horses mellow. I mean, everyone else at the concert is going to be high; why should the horses miss out?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that you failed to link this post to your previous one about Keith Richards' drug habits. In my mind, knowing that a member of this "reputable band" literally snorted his flesh and blood might be reason enough to question the group's collective sanity, not to mention its sensitivity toward animals.

Panagiota said...

he did link. second paragraph, first sentence.

Anonymous said...

My bad. I didn't press the link. I just thought he would explicitly reference the snorting in this post, too.