Friday, May 25, 2007

Isaiah Washington does damage control

It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment when I stopped giving a crap about Grey's Anatomy or anything to do with the show, but it's raining buckets outside and I'm trying to see if I can wait it out before I call a cab home. Anyway, homophobe thespian Isaiah Washington is desperately trying to save what little career he has left by doing a PSA for GLAAD in which he reminds us all that words have the power to heal, but they also have the power to hurt.

I don't know about you, but I don't need "Dr. Burke" or anyone else to tell me how much words can hurt. This one time a big mean bully called me a dorkwad, and I got so upset that I soiled my pants and ran crying all the way home. Pegs managed to get the stain out of my pants eventually, but how am I supposed to get rid of the stain he left on my soul?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who has never watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy, I have to say that I'm not sure what's worse about this ad - the fact that this bigot is making a clearly insincere, though desperate, attempt to save his career, or that, judging from the commerical, he's such an amazingly bad actor that it's shocking he had a career to begin with.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who this guy is or what he said. I'm surprised you didnt put up a link of some article talking about it. What exactly did he do?