Jerry Falwell is dead
If you woke up this morning thinking that it was going to be a bad day, then you were all wrong: Jerry Falwell finally ate it today at the ripe old age of 73. The presumed cause of death is either heart failure or an overdose of rampant non-sensical bigotry. In tribute to Jerry, I've listed some of his better quotes below:
AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time.I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes on first blush.I think the Moslem faith teaches hate.I am a Christian.
Inspiring words, truly. I wonder how the tools in the "Moral Majority" are going to blame this on the homosexual community like they did with 9/11.

4 comments:
I like this quote: "Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions." Awesome.
Some might say that, in this case, prayer didn't work.
Some might say it did.
I heard his last words were, "Where am I going, and why am I in a handbasket?"
Slate has followed your lead, Lee, and compiled a "hit-parade" of Falwell's most bigoted comments. Here's the link:
http://www.slate.com/id/2166220?nav=ais
My favorite from this batch: "I listen to feminists and all these radical gals. ... These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men; that's their problem."
Slate's response: "Rest in peace, you blowhard."
Post a Comment