Friday, May 25, 2007

Snakes on a Plane

Customs officials arrested a man at Cairo's airport for trying to smuggle 700 live snakes on board a flight to Saudi Arabia in his carry-on. That's right; I said "700 snakes". Among the slithery serpents were two poisonous cobras. Man, would I love to have seen the face on the X-ray machine guy when that particular piece of luggage went through.

Either this guy is the worst terrorist ever or he's a bigger fan of Samuel L. Jackson than Quentin Tarantino. I've heard of reality imitating art, but clearly that doesn't apply here. Unless the definition of "art" now includes watching a guy in an airplane lavatory getting bitten on his wiener by a homicidal viper. And according to the latest grant rejection letter I received from the NEA, it still doesn't. Prudes.

1 comment:

Panagiota said...

years ago, the greek family came to the US for a visit and they brought olive oil and homemade sausage. they weren't sure they would be allowed to bring the sausage into the country, so they created a hollow base on the oil container and coiled the sausage into a circle and stuffed it in there. the greeks let them leave greece with it no problem. but you can imagine what happened when they got to US customs.