Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stallone's a Juicer

In a shocking turn of events, Sylvester Stallone pleaded guilty to bringing vials of a restricted substance into Australia today. The substance at issue, Jintropin, is a human growth hormone used to build muscle mass and is prohibited in Australia. Stallone doesn't face any jail time for the offense, but he could be required to pay a fine of up to $18,000. In a letter to the court, Stallone said his importation of the banned substance was a "terrible mistake" caused by ignorance of the rules.

This reminds me of the time that I had a problem with customs when entering the US. I was charged with possession of deadly weapons, but the charges were eventually dismissed when the judge realized that the weapons in question are attached to my torso at the shoulders and don't explode unless I flex too hard. I'm just lucky that the judge didn't require that I have the guns amputated; he let me off with a warning and a suggestion that I wear tank tops from now on so as not to violate any concealed weapons statutes. BLAM!

3 comments:

Michael said...

This reminds me of the time Lee tried to clear airport security with a jar of Jiffy peanut butter in his bag. When they security screener told him it was a gel and you couldn’t bring it on board Lee coolly responded, “give me about 12 hours and it will come out solid.”

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard reading Mike's comment that my morning coffee spurted out of my nose, singing my nostril hairs. It was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Derek: never refer to your nostril hairs from now on please.
Lee: next time I see you, you better be wearing a tank top (I mean it)
Mike: if you think that's impressive, just see what he can do to 4 bean burritos from taco bell