How do you spell "give up"?
If you still feel a hint of shame at flunking that biology test back in junior high, this should cheer you up. A 73 year old man in the desert state of Rajasthan, India, has failed to pass his 10th grade high school exam on his 39th attempt. Shivcharan Jatav, a farmer who had no formal education as a child, has been trying to pass the exams since 1969, when an army recruiter told him it would improve his marriage prospects and chances of being accepted into the military. Even though he is now too old to join the army, he still hopes that passing the exam will make him a more eligible bachelor.
I don't want to sound elitist here, but if you can't graduate from high school after 39 consecutive tries, you probably have bigger obstacles to getting hitched than not being able to pass a test (such as chewing and walking at the same time or frequently losing arguments to toddlers and inanimate objects). I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that what this guy really needs most isn't a diploma but a padded safety helmet for when he walks into stuff. Still, though, if he's that hard up to get his high school diploma, he should seriously consider moving to Louisiana; all indications are that they'll let just about anyone graduate.

3 comments:
While I appreciate the effort you made with that last link, I have to point out that Damien did not in fact get his high school diploma in the great state of Louisiana. He graduated from high school in Las Vegas. Tsk. Tsk. What a terrible brother not to know that!!
Dammit, I KNEW that, too. How silly of me to forget Damien's high-school graduation. Perhaps I should have put up a link to a Derek post instead....
hey! that are not nice, lee. i wurkt herd fur that deeplomah. Beesieds, yu tootered me. and mom saed that yu mai haf the braens, but i haf the luks (as seen in foto)
Post a Comment