Quirks and stuff
As far as weirdness goes, some people will tell you that I got more than my fair share of it. But I firmly believe that it's not that I'm weirder than anybody else, I just don't hide my weirdness very well. If it's in my head, it's pretty much going to come out of my mouth. And the better I know you, the worse it is. For you.
The other day Lee and I were having a discussion about language for some reason. I shared with him that when I'm reading something with the word "yay," I read the word by spelling it and saying each letter separately instead of saying the word itself. Unfortunately, we were walking while having this discussion and I didn't see the expression on his face and so I kept on talking. I also told him that when someone is writing something in an enthusiastic manner and uses an exclamation point, I have to read the exclamation point. Example, I read this sentence "I know!" like this "I know exclamation point."
That's not so bad right? I would much rather have quirks like these instead of say being a grammar freak or not allowing anybody else to eat the peanut butter because they don't eat it in a circular pattern.
The other day Lee and I were having a discussion about language for some reason. I shared with him that when I'm reading something with the word "yay," I read the word by spelling it and saying each letter separately instead of saying the word itself. Unfortunately, we were walking while having this discussion and I didn't see the expression on his face and so I kept on talking. I also told him that when someone is writing something in an enthusiastic manner and uses an exclamation point, I have to read the exclamation point. Example, I read this sentence "I know!" like this "I know exclamation point."
That's not so bad right? I would much rather have quirks like these instead of say being a grammar freak or not allowing anybody else to eat the peanut butter because they don't eat it in a circular pattern.

2 comments:
does the A team still signal you?
I have to say, Pegs, your reason why you seem to have so many quirks - the claim that whenever a thought enters your head, "it's pretty much going to come out of my mouth" - technically qualifies as a quirk in itself. Don't get me wrong - it's not a bad quality, in my opinion. It's just not one that most of us have.
How about other people's quirks? As for me, when I finish brushing my teeth, I have to tap the water off the toothbrush in Swiss Triplets (no, that's not anything lewd - it's a drum beat where the pattern is Left-Left-Right or Right-Right-Left instead of a normal triplet that would be either Right-Left-Right or Left-Right-Left).
Post a Comment