US Summer Vacation Part II
The second stop on our whirlwind US tour was to famed Long Beach Island, renowned for its salt water taffy and world-class skeeball, for a two-day visit with the Wasserharrises (aka Mike and Jill). Some time back, Mike and I decided that it would be rather convenient if our wives were to have overlapping pregnancies, and after a bit of trial and error we coordinated our efforts to the point that we were able to conceive virtually simultaneously. Don't ask about the particulars, because none will be forthcoming, although I will admit that calibrated watches, international cell phones and a team of United Nations officials all played a role.
Being the overachievers that they are, Mike and Jill decided to go above and beyond the call of duty by having twins, so despite our best efforts it is unlikely that our respective bundles of joy will be delivered at the same time (notwithstanding that our scheduled due dates are within a few days of each other). An early sonogram indicated that WasserHarris Fetus B is a boy, but the jury is still out on the slightly more bashful WasserHarris Fetus A (my money is on a girl, though). Updates should be coming soon.
While on lovely Long Beach Island, Pegs, Jill, Mike and I passed the time walking along the beaches, comparing pregnancy stories and breaking world records in skeeball. Jill in particular proved to be a master of the sport, winning enough tickets in just four games to take home the ultimate prize: a Ferrari Testarossa. Unfortunately the Ferrari isn't able to accomodate two child seats, so Mike and Jill decided to use the tickets instead to buy five tons of spider rings and charm bracelets. Such are the sacrifices one has to make when expecting twins, but I'm certain that those two little WasserHarrises will be so curly-maned, bright-eyed and brilliant that Mike and Jill are happy to forego the Ferrari. Besides, Mike has always been more of a McLaren man.



4 comments:
Good lord I look beefy in these pictures. That's it, I'm placing a moratorium on pictures of me appearing on the blog beginning henceforth.
VRYNICE post Mr. Vanderpool. VRYNICE!
Mike, you'll be happy to know that just before Ariel and I walked down the aisle to pledge our lives to one another for as long as we both shall live, I put a plastic spider ring on her finger, curtesy of the Wasserharrises.
Thanks for the sweet post Lee & Pegs!
Post a Comment