Why does everything always happen to meeeeeeee?
I'm trying to take a nap because I don't feel so great today and the construction workers upstairs are pounding away with their hammers while listening to really bad 80s music at full volume with the windows open. And they are all older men hailing from Croatia* or something. I just don't get it. When do you ever hear bad 80s music at full volume any more, other than around midnight at any party hosted by a French person?*Disclaimer: The use of the term Croatia is simply descriptive and is not meant to indicate a desire to visit such country. For further information, please visit http://www.vanderpoolsnotallowedincroatia.com/
7 comments:
First, what difference does it make if the guys blasting music are older or from Croatia? Would it make the 80s music any more palatable if the guys upstairs were young tanned twenty-somethings from Crete? Think hard about how much you value our marriage before you answer that question, honey.
Second, you do realize that you're complaining while at home, right? Not to put too fine a point on it, but you could feel terrible and still have to go to the office. Like me. I knew I shouldn't have eaten that fifth scoop of butter-pecan blueberry bubble gum ice cream for breakfast. Oh, my stomach....
First, I was making a joke. I have no idea where they are from. It would be like my dad, or bon papa, listening to hard-core rap. And yes, the fact that they are older is pretty freaking funny to me. I went with Croatia because Portugal is sooo over-done. And I thought that by using Croatia, I could tie in a joke about how the Vanderpools are not allowed in Croatia.
Second, I was also trying to make fun of myself on this point. Hence, the title.
What crawled up your ass and died?
Oh and maybe I'm so tired because somebody kept stealing my pillow. What kind of person steals a pregnant woman's body pillow????
First off - both of you need to chill out. Relax. Take a nap. Except I guess that's what caused this argument in the first place...
Second - you stole her pillow, Lee? Seriously?? For shame. At most, you steal blankets.
Third - What's this with Vanderpools not being allowed in Croatia? This is news to me, and the link you posted doesn't work. I don't get the joke. Explain, please.
Derek, just keep hitting refresh on the link. Sometimes it takes a while.
Yeah, keep hitting that link, Derek. Alternatively, you could ask Damien, Vanessa, me or Pegs whether any of us have ever been to Croatia, despite the fact that all of us have had plans (including the purchase of airplane tickets and hotel reservations) to go there. The gods of travel just do NOT want us to go there for some reason.
Finally, in my defense, I was LEANING against the body pillow which takes up half of the bed, not stealing it. Also, it's super comfy.
LEANING? or straddling with your knee in my back??????
Post a Comment