Thursday, September 20, 2007

I read the news today, oh boy

Today started out well enough. I woke up bright and early at 7:00...and then again at 8:00...and then again at 8:07...and then again at 8:14.... Long story short, I finally got up at about 8:30. After a quick shower and too-brief snuggle with the little ladies (Pegs and The Hybrid), I walked to work and immediately began revising some documents for a new loan. After a couple of hours of work, I decided to take a five-minute news break to see what was going on in the world, and that's where it hit me: the rest of the day is going to be crap.

Check out this story about the record low the dollar hit yesterday against the euro. Did I mention that I'm paid in dollars?

Check out this story about how associates at another firm are going to be paid additional bonuses based on the firm's performance. Is my firm going to be paying additional bonuses based on the firm's performance? Yeah, right!

Check out this story on how the housing market in Charlotte is still upbeat and how everybody loves it there. Everybody, that is, except Pegs.

Check out this story on how people in China eat animal penises and aborted reindeer fetuses.
I'm feeling very sad right now. :-(

3 comments:

Panagiota said...

Your emoticon is emoting sadness.

Unknown said...

"Government officials," says Nancy. "Two of them upstairs. They're having the penis hotpot."

I'd like to see how the hookers on Craigslist can turn that journalistic gem into code.

Michael said...

Cheer up my friend. The housing market is weak in Philadelphia so you’ll still be able to buy a lot of house with your devalued dollar. Plus, while I can’t say for sure what a cheese stake is made of I’m almost sure it’s not penises or fetuses.