Friday, October 26, 2007

Birthdays All Around!

Wow, yesterday was a big day for birthdays! Let's start in chronological order and wish a very happy birthday to the lovely as ever Mrs. Kathryn Kallison Schwesinger, who unfortunately was compelled by her employer to celebrate her birthday in Canada this year. I'm pretty sure that there are strict federal laws prohibiting companies from sending their employees north of Detroit on their birthdays, but I'm not a very good lawyer so I could be wrong. In any event, we hope that Kathryn was able to enjoy her b-day over a couple of Moose Head beers, a big plate of poutine and some maple cookies. Happy Canadian birthday, Kathryn!

The newest additions to the birthday calendar are none other than Nina Dorothy and Milo Herbert "WonderTwins" Harris! Not content to settle for one smart, cute and precocious youngster, Mike and Jill opted to go for broke and effectively doubled the size of their household in one fell swoop. There was apparently some internal debate during the naming process, with Mike wanting to name the boy "Robert Lee Harris" and Jill pushing for "Baby B Harris", but in the end they agreed that Milo Herbert would be a mutually acceptable compromise. We haven't seen pictures yet, but Pegs and I are willing to take good odds that both of the little WasserHarrises boast heads of adorably curly hair and are able to read at the third grade level before the end of the year. Happy birthday, Nina and Milo! Form...of...a pair of newborns!

6 comments:

Panagiota said...

Happy birthday Kathryn! Ignore Lee. We should all be so lucky as to celebrate a birthday in Canada.

Mike and Jill, congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both. I can't wait to cover the twins with kisses. So many kisses.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kathryn! I hope it was a good day despite work travel (even if it is to Canada), and that you're going to have a nice celebration this weekend if you haven't had one already.

CONGRATULATIONS MIKE AND JILL!!!! I'm so happy for you guys, and I can't wait to see pictures of the mini-Wasser-Harris duo.

Anonymous said...

what a joyous day. let's all join together in unison to shout to the heavens "happy birthday" to kathryn, milo, and nina.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. We're quite smitten with Nina & Milo, and are excited for the Hybrid to make her appearance into this world. XO!

Unknown said...

Hi Peg & Lee:
Belated thanks for the birthday wishes, I'm just now catching up with my blog reading. And I'm still in Canada!

Unknown said...

And thanks Damien and Derek!!

And congrats to Mike and Jill! Your little scorpion babies will start making trouble any day now.
:)