Monday, July 14, 2008

Milestones

Ok, maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like The Hybrid is purposefully hitting all of the cutesy baby milestones in Greece when I can't be there to witness them. Don't believe me? Check out the things she's done in just one week since she's been in Filiatra:

1. Rolled over for the first time.
2. Played peek-a-boo for the first time.
3. Went into the ocean for the first time.
4. Got her first tooth.
5. Made a kiss for the first time.
6. Juggled six chainsaws for the first time.

Ok, so I made that last one up, but the point is that almost every day Pegs tells me about something new and interesting that Sofia's done. It's getting to the point that I'm starting to wonder whether my presence has been having a negative effect on her development. I don't know what's more worrisome: the idea that I've somehow been slowing her progress, or that being in a village where donkeys are considered both effective means of transportation and good eating has been beneficial. 

One thing that she hasn't mastered yet: laughing with the hiccups.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

She is so super cute!

Unknown said...

Don't kid yourself. You would have been at work anyway.

Unknown said...

Don't kid yourself. You would have been at work anyway.