Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Schwesibaby

Hey, everybody! We're back from our little stay in Greece, and while we were bronzing ourselves like Hawaiian Tropic models on the beach Eric and Kathryn had their first of what is certain to be a plethora of children: Josephine Jordan. That's right, I said "a plethora", because with results like these, why should they ever stop making little Schwesibabies? Rumor has it that within three days of her delivery little J.J. was already sleeping five hours a night, back up to her birth weight and trading natural gas. Or did Eric say that she was passing a lot of gas? I forget. Oh, and check out all the dark hair on that little noggin'; I bet you didn't know that Eric was Italian, did you?

6 comments:

Michael said...

Congratulations Eric and Kathryn. What a beautiful Schwesibabie!

As an aside – I like the juxtaposition of Eric’s chest and Josephine’s dark mane. Hairless people the world over are green with envie.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Eric and Kathryn!! She is absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks all!

Any idea on how to make her sleep through the night?

The sighting of a five hour sleep cycle was premature.

Panagiota said...

Sorry Eric, I remember only too vividly how much those first months suck. Most babies have day/night confusing in the beginning. Her sleep hormones will regulate themselves and by six weeks she'll have her longest stretch of sleep at night. Unfortunately, there is also usually a fussiness peek at six weeks. So it gets worse and then it gets better. It's a good sign that she can go for five hours this early. Sofia would sleep for 4 hour stretches from the beginning. And it just got better and better. There are lots of things Kathryn can do to keep her sleepy when she feeds at night. I'm sure you guys have read about this - keep the room dark, no talking, feed lying down, don't change her diaper unless she's pooped (but a lot of babies poop with each feeding to make room), etc. I could go on and on and on so I'll shut up now. She's gorgeous. I can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

Thanks Peggs, I think we are going to have to get moving on your suggestions.

And, thanks Lee, for not putting any horns on this pic.

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous baby!! and I so love the way that papas have their pictures taken with their new little ones on their chests that way -just wonderful! :-)