Time Waster of the Day
I just watched this while having lunch at my desk, and it's without a doubt the worst thing I've witnessed in a long time. Now if you'll excuse me, my inner Star Wars fan is compelling me to beat my brains in with a claw hammer to try to forget that it exists.
4 comments:
That is five minutes I'll never be able to get back for my life. Thank you. Thank you very much, Lee.
wait...i'm confused...is this real or just good editing? harrison ford wouldnt actually agree to do this, would he? if he did, i'm glad i fast forwarded through half of it
have a happy life day, everyone
Oh, it's real all right. Didn't you see Carrie Fisher singing about world peace at the end? Or Bea Arthur dancing in the cantina? Oh, and Bruce Vilanch is credited as a writer. It doesn't get more eerily real than that.
David Hofstede, author of What Were They Thinking?: The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History, ranked the holiday special at number one, calling it "the worst two hours of television ever." George Lucas himself once said, "If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it."
Here's a link to the Star Wars Holiday Special page on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Christmas_Special
I watched the first 20 seconds of this video and then stopped to spare myself the pain. Now reading through everyone's comments, I'm so glad I did. If George Lucas - the man who knows no shame - wants to demolish this video, there's no chance in hell I'm watching it.
Post a Comment