Sunday, February 20, 2011

From the mouths of the Chas

A few weeks ago, around the time of the Chinese new year, Alex and Eva excitedly told me about the years in which they were born. Alex was born in the year of the rooster, while Eva was born in the year of the pig. Later that day, Young and I took all of the girls to the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia. As we crossed the bridge from New Jersey into Philadelphia, the following conversation took place:

Alex: Daddy, where are we?
Young: We're in Philadelphia, Alex. You know that, you were born here.
Alex: I was born here?
Young: Yep, you were.
[pause]
Eva (excitedly): I was born in the pig!

When we arrived at the Please Touch Museum, the girls were very excited. Young and I got in line for tickets while the girls ran around looking at everything.

Young: Eva, quit grabbing that lady's purse.
[a short time passes; Young gets a bit frustrated as Eva runs around]
Young: Eva, watch where you're going; quit running into that lady.
[a short time passes; Young gets increasingly frustrated as Eva continues to run around]
Young: Eva! What did I say?! Quit bothering people!
Eva (innocently): But Daddy, you said to please touch the museum!

This morning, I brought bagels and donut holes over to the Chas' house for breakfast. The girls love having bagels and donuts for breakfast, and they started to get very excited.

Alex: This is so much fun, Nouno!
Me: I know, it's like a party in here.
Alex: No, it's not a party. A party is when you have music and crackers and dip.  And broccoli.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Oh the cuteness.

I wanna go to Alex's party. I'll bring the broccoli.

What's a Nouno?