Friday, October 06, 2006

What in the name of God's holy hell????

Today I was walking home and I don't know if I'm loopy from the insomnia, the migraine that refuses to go away or what, but I passed some strange people.

First, there was the heavily pregnant woman smoking a cigarette. Now, I'm guessing that if she's puffing away in her 6th or 7th month, that wasn't a one off smoke. In this day and age in a large cosmopolitan city, aren't you supposed to know better? I feel sorry for that baby.

Then, I pass this guy who looked like he is in his late twenties, clean, well dressed, carrying a backpack. He didn't smell, his clothes weren't tattered and he didn't look drunk or high. I was waiting at the light to cross the street and I notice the guy stop in front of a garbage bin, reach in, pick out a coffee cup and start sucking it dry. So. Incredibly. Gross. And then he rummages through the rest of the garbage, picking up bottles that still had liquid inside and examining the labels to decide which one he wanted. When Lee and I first moved to Paris, we were astounded at how many people stop and rummage through garbage. Not just the HUGs, but people in suits on their way to work in the morning and normal looking people going about their day. And not just for newspapers either. But to grab a coffee cup and start drinking it? Seriously?

Finally, I was walking past this guy who was looking the other way into a shop window. As I'm passing him, he turns towards me. His right eye is completely filled with blood. And all you can see is his light blue iris. Uh, hello? Cover that shit up please.

I'm sure somewhere out there in internet-land, someone is writing about a crazy woman they passed on the street in Paris who was muttering to herself and rubbing her temples while scowling. That would be me. Please stay out of my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

French people are disgusting. That's why Americans hate them and their stupid freedom fries.

Actually, Americans can't stay mad at anything fried for that long.

Mmmmmm.... delicious garbage coffee and freedom.