Monday, December 11, 2006

Was I playing PlayStation last night?

You know, I don't remember turning on my PlayStation last night, but from the looks of it God did when he unleashed the Saints on the Dallas Cowboys. The 42-17 score looked like something out of one of my PS2 games, not to mention the ridiculous statistics that N.O. racked up (384 yards in the air; 2 interceptions; one onside kick recovery in the THIRD QUARTER; etc.). I'm not going to pretend that I'm the most knowledgeable or fervent football fan, since many of you already know about my own illustrious football career, but I've always supported the Saints and have been waiting a long time for something like this to happen. Even though I couldn't watch the game from here, it really made my day when I checked the score this morning and read the recap. The Saints now have the second best record in the NFC conference, lead the league in total offense and points scored, and have an MVP contender in quarterback Drew Brees. Word from some of my old partners back in New York is that Hell just got a few degrees colder....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a longtime Saints fan, I can't quite express how much of a relief it is not to have my team linked with descriptives like "dismal," "laughing-stock," and "in a world of turmoil, a source of stability with their perpetual suckiness."

I've been saying it every year now for at least a decade (and will probably continue to say it for years to come), but it looks like this time around it might finally be true: It's the year of the Saints.

Anonymous said...

i will not gloat until i know the saints are in the playoffs...since my brothers are not active saints fans they probably dont remember that 3 years ago the saints were 9-4 just like now and ended up 9-7 and missed the playoffs. There are still 3 weeks to play, but if they win next week, they clinch the division.